International Ultrasound Services offers private ultrasound scans in a convenient central London location. This private scan service is offered to patients who:
- Require quick diagnosis and treatment of their symptoms
- Are anxious and the NHS waiting increases their anxiety
- Require a private baby scan not offered by the NHS.
- Avoid overcrowded Emergency departments that most often than not are not able to offer an ultrasound scan.
Disease Diagnosis during the novel Covid-19 era
It is now even more important to not ignore any symptoms of a potential disease. Pain, discomfort or 'strange feelings' are your body's way to say that something is wrong. During the current coronavirus pandemic, the NHS has cancelled most routine investigations including ultrasound scans.
The reasons for this are:
- Medical resources should be spared and prioritized.
- Avoid unnecessary exposure of medical personnel to (potentially) infected patients and vice versa. The risk of infection is particularly high during ultrasound investigation due to the proximity of the sonographer and the patient
- The number of visits should be reduced to the essential minimum
Importance of Early Diagnosis
It is a grave time for the NHS throughout the UK but mainly in overpopulated London. While every effort is directed towards the COVID-19, lives will undoubtedly be lost due to delay in the diagnosis of disease. The chances of survival can significantly increase when a disease is caught in the early stages.
People will underlying known or unknown disease have higher mortality than healthy people who caught the coronavirus.
According to Science Blog diagnosis of cancer has been heavily impacted. Fewer people booking GP appointments resulting in an up to 25%t drop-in urgent and 2-week referrals. This very concerning as it means that more than 2000 cases of cancer are not diagnosed every week. This will, in turn, create a massive backlog for when NHS re-opens.
At our London Ultrasound Clinic, we offer same-day private scans to diagnose any potential disease and any signs of cancer.
Pregnancy Ultrasound scans
Pregnancy ultrasound scans are still offered by the NHS although guidelines by ISUOG recommend the dating scan should be performed at 13+6 weeks gestation. The anomaly scan should be performed at 23 weeks and the growth scan should not be performed (as always has been in the UK) unless there are clinical indications.
If you need a private baby scan you can rest assured knowing that we are here to offer you the help and support you need in a comfortable setting with a personalised approach.
The novel coronavirus not only causes viral pneumonia but also has major implications for the cardiovascular system.
What is coronavirus?
The coronavirus is a flu-like virus that can affect the lungs and airways. People with underlying conditions have a higher risk of complications.
What is an Ultrasound scan?
Ultrasound is probably the easiest and faster medical examination to diagnose bodily disease. It is a non-evasive medical test using high-frequency soundwaves to obtain images of the inside of your body.
Ultrasound is mainly used to diagnose issues with:
- The upper abdomen including the liver
- The urinary tract
- Issues with the female anatomy such as the uterus and the ovaries
- Problems with the thyroid gland
- Testicular problems in men
- Musculoskeletal Issues
- Investigate superficial lumps
In conclusion, it is now more important than ever to make sure that these niggles you feeling are nothing significant to concern and that you have no underlying causes that can impact your fight with coronavirus.
As the NHS has diverted resources in fighting the COVID-19 it is anticipated that future mortality rates of diseases unrelated to coronavirus will increase due to collateral damage caused by delayed diagnosis.
It is time to take responsibility for your own health and your loved ones and book a private ultrasound in London today. Don't wait for tr NHS to reopen as this can take a long time.