Private Abdominal Scan
Private Abdominal Ultrasound – At a Glance
- Ultrasound of the Liver, gallbladder, pancreas, kidneys and spleen
- Confirm pathology within the Upper Abdomen
- General Reassurance
- No GP referral is required
- Same time results
- Fully qualified, experienced NHS sonographers
- At least 4 hrs of fasting is required.
- Same-day appointments are usually available.
- Only £139
- Book Online or over the phone
Private Abdominal Scan
The abdominal ultrasound is a medical test to evaluate the organs within the upper abdominal viscera such as liver, pancreas, gallbladder, kidneys and spleen. Ultrasound is also able to evaluate the blood flow in these organs using the colour Doppler technique.
Abdominal scans are very common and the main reason for a referral is RUQ (right upper quadrant), epigastric or generalized abdominal pain. When this pain is associated with food your doctor will want to exclude the presence of gallstones.
Why am I having an ultrasound on my abdomen?
This scan is performed to image and diagnose the reasons for:
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Loin/kidney pain
- Abnormal liver function tests, fatty liver
- Abnormal renal function
- Follow up on previous findings such as cysts, gallstones, polyps, kidney stones
- Abnormal Blood Tests
- Tumours & Cancers
- Yellow Skin (Jaundice)
What diseases can an abdominal ultrasound detect?
- Lier disease
- Fatty Liver
- Liver Cirrhosis
What does a scan of the abdomen show?
The Liver and Upper Abdominal diagnostic ultrasound scan includes the evaluation of:
- Gallbladder and biliary system
- Organ blood flow using Doppler ultrasound
What is included with this private scan?
- Ultrasound report with images and if needed, a follow-up recommendation.
What is the preparation for an abdominal scan?
- For this private ultrasound scan you are required to fast for at least 4 hours (if you are diabetic you may have a sugary supplement if needed). Clear fluids, for example, water are allowed.
What happens during an abdominal ultrasound scanning?
Before the scan, our sonographer will explain the examination procedure.
You will be asked to lie on your back and expose your upper abdomen.
A small amount of water-based gel will be applied to your skin. The gel will help the transducer to make good contact with the skin. The ultrasound probe will be placed on the body and will be moved in different directions over the area of interest to obtain the required information/ultrasound images.
There is usually no discomfort from pressure as the transducer or probe as otherwise known, is pressed against the area being examined. However, if scanning is performed over an area of tenderness, you may feel pressure or minor discomfort from the transducer.
Once the ultrasound imaging is completed, the clear ultrasound gel will be wiped off your skin. Any portions that are not wiped off will dry quickly. The ultrasound gel does not usually stain or discolour clothing.
This ultrasound examination is usually completed within 20-30 minutes. After an ultrasound examination, you should be able to resume your normal activities immediately.
How much is an abdomen ultrasound?
We believe that ultrasound scans in London should be affordable and the cost should not be a limiting factor on your decision of getting a faster diagnosis and better treatment. You will therefore find the price of our abdominal ultrasound and the other imaging services we offer surprisingly affordable.
How can I pay for the Private abdominal scan?
You can pay for your London ultrasound using cards or cash. We accept cash and all major debit and credit cards including Visa, Mastercard and American Express.
Why book your abdominal scan privately in London?
The main reason patients choose to go private is to:
- Reduce NHS waiting times,
- Get faster results and treatment
- Choose a flexible and more suitable time
- Reduce anxiety associated with not knowing
Booking an appointment at International Ultrasound Services for a pelvic ultrasound scan is simple. We should be able to arrange an appointment at a convenient time for you. Same day appointments might also be available if you need your scan results quickly.
We will provide a full ultrasound report with your results that you will be able to share with your GP or other healthcare professionals.
Do you need a private Abdominal scan??
Book your scan Now.