Thyroid and Neck Ultrasound Scan
Thyroid and Neck Scan – At a Glance
- Ultrasound Scan of the thyroid gland, neck and salivary glands
- For neck and thyroid-related health complaints
- No GP referral is required
- Same time results to take away
- Fully qualified, experienced NHS sonographers
- No preparation is required
- Same-day appointments are usually available.
- Only £169
- Book Online or over the phone
The thyroid gland is an endocrine gland, and it is located in front of the neck just above the collar bones. The thyroid and neck ultrasound scan produces pictures of the thyroid and the adjacent structures in the neck to diagnose suspected neck disease, for example, a lump in the thyroid or a thyroid that is not functioning properly. It is very common to find a lump on the neck as they are superficial and easily palpable. In most cases, these lumps are benign, but a neck ultrasound scan will help to confirm this.
Reasons for having a neck and thyroid ultrasound scan include:
- History of thyroid problems
- To check the appearance of a known thyroid nodule
- Determine the nature and origin of a lump arising from the neck
- Swelling of the salivary glands
- To evaluate the neck for any signs of lymphadenopathy, i.e. swollen lymph nodes
- Thyroid disease
- Abnormal swellings
- Difficulty in Swallowing
What is the purpose of this thyroid ultrasound scan?
The Thyroid and Neck ultrasound scan includes evaluation of:
- Thyroid gland
- Salivary glands
- Adjacent structures in the neck
What is included with this private thyroid and neck ultrasound scan?
- Ultrasound report and, if needed, a follow-up recommendation.
Preparation for the thyroid and neck ultrasound scan
No preparation is necessary for this thyroid and neck ultrasound scan.
What should I expect during the thyroid and neck ultrasound scan?
Before the neck scan, our sonographer will explain the ultrasound examination procedure. For this neck ultrasound scan, you will have to expose your neck and move any jewellery. We will place a small amount of gel on your neck and the transducer will slide up and down your neck to obtain the ultrasonic images
During and after the neck scan examination, our sonographer will explain the findings and an ultrasound scan report will be issued to take away with you.
Booking an appointment at International Ultrasound Services for a pelvic ultrasound scan is simple. We should be able to arrange an appointment at a convenient time for you. Same day appointments might also be available if you need your scan results quickly.
We will provide a full ultrasound report with your results that you will be able to share with your GP or other healthcare professionals.
Do you need a Thyroid and neck scan??
Book your ultrasound scan Now.